Friday, January 7, 2011

The year of Zlin

We stared off the New Year with a sleepy kiss. I never even make it to the bottle of wine chilling in the fridge. Nightshift does that to a person. I sleep at every chance I get, for as long as I am allowed. Worked seven out of eight days, give this girl a break! When I finally woke up, and decided to become a functioning member of society, we talked about how this new year was going to change our life. Zlin is really starting to become a reality! We have the money saved up, now just waiting for hubby to get his next installment of vacation from work. Looks like September will be our month. In a perfect world we go to Zlin, implant too, come home with twins...and my IF journey is complete. (Until I decide it was too much fun and want to do it again...)
Hubby had his post-op appointment with his urologist this week. No cancer! found in the testicle. They did however find a few beginnings of sperm production and a small amount of testosterone. I cannot help but wonder if that means he may actually make some sperm somewhere? We will do a repeat SA and blood work in six months to follow his progress. The urologist isn't ever sure if my hubby will make sperm, but he says in a couple of years things could change. We just need to be patient. (Of course we want children now, not when we are 40 so Zlin we go! )
BFF is doing better. Had to do another round of Cytotech (what a nightmare) but bought herself a puppy to counter the loss. She's gonna start trying again soon. They will test her for a Luteal Phase defect.

Hope ya'll had a great start to the new year. I am excited for the BFP to come!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

Hooray!! I am excited for your BFP too : )

foxy said...

Awesome to hear that you are clear of the cancer scare. That was one of my biggest fears after our initial azoos diagnosis.

May 2011 bring us both the miracles that we dream about!

Post a Comment